Six Ways to Refresh Your GardenJuly 25, 2017 4:53 pm Leave your thoughts
Now that the days are longer and the weather is nicer, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about refreshing your garden, or adding a new one to your yard! A great-looking garden can really boost the appearance of your yard, and will increase the value of your home if you’re trying to sell it.
There are many ways that you can refresh or add a garden, and we feel like we have some of the best techniques. Follow some of these simple tips, and you’ll be on your way to a great-looking garden in no time:
- Remove the weeds early: One of the first steps in refreshing your garden is, unfortunately, one of the things many gardeners dread the most: weeding. Getting all of the weeds out of your garden is the only way to ensure it’ll look good, but it’s also a time-consuming and boring task. Thankfully, you can make this chore easier and faster if you don’t waste time. Pulling weeds earlier in the season won’t be as difficult because their roots won’t be as deep in the ground. It’ll also be a quicker chore because there surely won’t be as many to pull!
- Don’t forget topsoil: Once you’ve pulled up all of those nasty weeds, it’s time to lay down a fresh layer of topsoil in Jeffersonville, IN. A brand-new layer of topsoil can do a few things for your garden. First, it gives your garden a fresh look. Soil turns brown and unattractive throughout the season, so make sure your topsoil looks great by visiting Estes Excavating Inc. and buying new soil. Second, topsoil protects your flowers and plants from the sun and heat. That helps ensure that your garden will stay healthy all year long.
- Add a water feature: A simple way to give your garden a fresh new look and to attract new wildlife is to add a pond or fountain. These water features give your garden a focal point and are sure to bring birds and other pretty creatures to your property.
- Plant something new: Nobody likes the same old thing year in and year out. Switch things up this year in your garden and plant new types of vegetation. Try growing fruits or vegetables, or just add some different flowers this year!
- Add a pathway: If your garden is currently just plants and flowers, it may be time to think about adding a pathway. A path made from gravel or pavers accentuates the garden and makes it easier to navigate.
- Create a sitting area: What’s the point of planting a garden if you can’t sit outside to enjoy it? Visit a hardware store and check out all of the garden furniture options. You’ll be surprised at the variety of choices there are.
To ensure your garden looks as good as it possibly can, have Estes Excavating Inc. deliver all of your topsoil in Jeffersonville, IN this year. And if you have a truck or don’t need as much topsoil, you’re more than welcome to pick it up from us!
Categorised in: Topsoil
This post was written by Writer