One of the great advantages of living within city limits is having access to the sewer system. City slickers don’t have to deal with septic tanks, which can back up and cause a whole lot of issues in your home and on your property. One of the few downsides to constructing a new house or office building in the city is initially getting hooked up to the sewer system. Sewer line installation is a lengthy process that requires the help of several professionals to get the job done right. Keep reading to learn more about sewer line installation and how excavation services in Jeffersonville, IN can help:
- Get multiple estimates: The first thing to note about sewer line installation is that not all excavating companies are created equal. Some will charge you a lot more for their services than others. To be sure you get the best price for digging, we recommend calling a few different companies to get a quote. Since you don’t want to pay more than you have to for excavation, play it safe and call around before agreeing to work with one company.
- Hire the right team: Potentially saving a few bucks on excavation is important, but that’s not all you need to be concerned about. Be sure you’re hiring an experienced and qualified team of excavators to dig up your yard. At Estes Excavating Inc., we have years of industry experience with properties of all shapes and sizes.
- Consult a landscaper: It goes without saying that excavation services in Jeffersonville, IN can have a drastic effect on your property. By the time we’re done digging up your land, you’ll hardly be able to recognize it. Since our work takes such a toll on your property, you may want to consider talking to a landscaper before we begin. A landscaper will tell you the best areas to install your sewer line to mitigate any long-term damage to the appearance of your property. He may also be able to help locate tree roots, so we don’t do any damage to your beloved trees.
- Read up on fees and permits: Many areas require permits (and associated fees) to install a new sewer line. The last thing you want is to get hit with an expensive last-second fee. You should be able to find all of the necessary information about digging permits online. If not, go downtown and speak with someone in your city’s permit department. They’ll tell you everything you need to know before you hire someone to install a new sewer line.
- Consider the weather before installation: Nobody can precisely predict the weather. Even the folks on the Weather Channel are wrong sometimes! Since that’s the case, you never know what the weather is going to do on the day of your scheduled sewer line installation. If possible, try to avoid installation on days that are rainy, or right after a rainstorm when the ground is muddy. Wet ground makes the process a whole lot messier.
The next time you need a sewer line installed, look no further than the experts Estes Excavating Inc. Our excavation services in Jeffersonville, IN are second to none, and we can have your ground ready for sewer line installation in no time at all.
Categorised in: Excavation Services
This post was written by Writer