When some people think of excavating, they may think of Indiana Jones digging to uncover a new artifact. In reality, excavation is an important step in many construction projects. It is used to create building foundations, reservoirs and roads. A mistake here can have dire consequences for the rest of the project. Finding the right excavating contractors in Jeffersonville, IN is very important. Here’s a look at some of the other steps to make sure your excavation project goes well:
- Check erosion: Whether it’s a road or the foundation of a building, making sure there won’t be any erosion problems is important. Storm water draining the wrong way can cause erosion and weakness in the foundation. This danger is why erosion control is looked at during an inspection. If it’s not properly handled, the project may be shut down.
- Pay attention to the site: Getting into and out of the site safely and efficiently is important. That includes construction entrances, roads for hauling and where to put any extra dirt or supplies during the project. This should be an excavation company’s job. An experienced excavating contractor in Jeffersonville, IN like Estes Excavating Inc. will be happy to include it in their duties. It helps keep things running smoothly while avoiding delays.
- Be professional: Excavating contractors in Jeffersonville, IN will keep nearby properties in mind while working. While noise and traffic are unavoidable, it’s important to avoid unnecessary noise and any collateral damage. Check for an excavation company’s testimonials and try to talk with past customers to get a sense of their professionalism.
- Utilities management: Another important part of the construction process is making sure to avoid damaging any nearby utilities. These include gas lines, water lines, electricity and any other underground utilities. Missing this step can lead to disaster. A struck electric line or water line can cause problems for the entire neighborhood and land your project in hot water.
- Manage time wisely: Having a tight schedule is extremely beneficial. It can compensate for any weather problems. Storms or heavy rains can delay an excavation project. The tight schedule can help keep things on track and moving fast when the weather allows it. This will allow your construction project to move forward with little time lost. Make sure to talk with your excavating contractors in Jeffersonville, IN about their schedule.
- Communicate: A construction project features lots of moving parts. It’s important to communicate with everyone. An excavation team needs to have a smooth line of communication to make sure there are no misunderstandings. This is especially true when on a tight deadline. Proper communication can help keep everyone on the same page and the project moving forward at a good pace.
A smooth excavation process can get the entire construction project off on the right foot. If you’re looking for an experienced and qualified excavation contractor in Jeffersonville, IN, look no further. We here at Estes Excavating Inc. have more than 40 years of experience in the industry. Our friendly and professional staff will bring you quality service at reasonable prices. Give us a call. We’ll answer any questions you have and give your construction project the start it deserves.
Categorised in: Excavating Contractors
This post was written by Writer