Demolition may seem simple—just destroy a home or business or building that’s there—but there are actually many minute details that need to be handled. Safety is one key. The demolition company in Jeffersonville, IN also needs to make sure everything is taken care of properly so nothing hinders what the property will be used for next. There are also many different requirements the demolition company in Jeffersonville, IN needs to follow. Here are some of the questions you’ll want to ask before hiring one:
- Do you have credit references? This is one of the most important steps. Make sure to speak to a few credit references and suppliers of the demolition company in Jeffersonville, IN. You want to make sure they pay off any subcontractors for duties performed. If not, you could find yourself in potentially dangerous legal issues and be stuck in the middle of demolition with no one to do the rest of the work. A respectable demolition company will have at least a few good references they can provide.
- What’s the cost estimate? This may seem obvious, but it’s often forgotten. Ask about the price, and what the upper estimate is. The demolition company will give you an estimate, and then you’ll want to add about 15 percent to that cost for any extra costs that may arise. Make sure you have extra money ready for expenses you may not have seen coming. It’s better to have money left over at the end that you didn’t spend than having to scramble to find money to cover expenses in the moment.
- Who’s responsible for disconnecting utilities? Before demolition, you should make sure all utilities on the property are disconnected. Not turning off gas, sewer, water and electricity can cause problems during demolition. Sometimes each party thinks the other will take care of it, and no one ends up doing it. It’s best to call yourself and make sure it’s taken care of.
- What’s happening to the debris? Demolition isn’t just about knocking down the building, but also taking care of what’s remaining. A good demolition company in Jeffersonville, IN will inform you ahead of time where to dispose of the waste. If the demolition company won’t take care of it, you need to either hire another demo company or plan on disposing of the debris yourself.
- Has an asbestos survey been performed? The EPA requires all building owners and anyone renovating or demolishing a building to have a thorough inspection performed ahead of time to check for asbestos. Asbestos is dangerous and can be kicked up into the air if disturbed. This is especially problematic during demolition processes. If asbestos is found, you need to take care of it before demolition begins.
Estes Excavating Inc. has been in business for more than 40 years. We’re proud of being a premier demolition company in Jeffersonville, IN. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff strives to bring you quality service at reasonable prices with everything we do. Give us a call to talk to our helpful team. We’ll gladly answer any questions you may have.
Categorised in: Demolition Company
This post was written by Writer