For many small business owners, there are a number of incentives to maintain low energy costs. Not only will improving the energy efficiency of your company allow you to lower the amount of money that you spend on utility expenses, it is one of the most important things that you can do to do your part for the environment.
While it’s always best to retrofit an existing building to be more energy efficient, some businesses may opt to instead build a new structure with a tighter envelope, resulting in more energy efficiency. If you think that you’d like to build a new structure on your company’s property, you’ll have to work with a team of trusted demolition contractors in Jeffersonville, IN.
There are a number of steps that you can take as a business owner to improve the energy efficiency of your company. Here are just a few things that you can do to reduce the amount of energy that you use at your corporate space:
- Ask for an energy audit: If you don’t know what’s causing your company to lose energy, you can’t fix it. An energy audit is a great way to see where you’re losing energy at your business. Once you have the results of the audit, you can see what steps are necessary to fix it. Many utility companies offer an energy audit for free or at very low cost.
- Tighten your envelope: Drafty, old buildings often are in need of retrofitting to be energy efficient. If you’re losing heating and cooling to the outdoors, it’s likely time to invest in envelope tightening measures at your property. In some cases, it may be necessary to demolish your existing building and replace it with a modern structure.
- Invest in HVAC: Your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is one of the most significant consumers of energy in your building. If it’s been a while since your HVAC system was updated, you may want to consider investing in a more modern, energy efficient HVAC system.
- Change lighting strategy: First of all, you should work to maximize the natural light in your office space. Secondly, you should replace all of your existing lightbulbs with high-efficiency LEDs. Finally, consider installing motion detectors and timers to ensure that you’re not wasting electricity.
- Invest in smart building technology: Automating the way that your building consumes energy is a great way to take control of your company’s energy expenses and ensure that you’re not spending an unnecessary amount of money on utilities each month. Using smart building technology, you can exercise complete and total control over your electricity, gas and other utility expenses.
Since 1974, Estes Excavating Inc. has been among the premier demolition contractors in Jeffersonville, IN. We’re capable of meeting the excavation and demolition needs of a wide range of residential and commercial clients in the community. To learn more about ways that we can help you reshape your corporate property, reach out to one of our friendly and professional representatives today.
Categorised in: Demolition Company
This post was written by Writer