Cutting down an old tree is always a good idea, especially if it’s decaying and in danger of toppling over. The only problem with cutting it down is the fact that you’re left with the stump once it’s gone. You can remove this stump in one of two ways: you can have it ripped out of the ground, or you can call land clearing services in Jeffersonville, IN to have it ground down. Continue reading to learn the benefits of both methods!
Why should you remove a stump?
Your first option if you want to get rid of a stump is to have it professionally removed. Here are a few of the reasons why you might want to hire someone for stump removal in Jeffersonville, IN:
- Stumps are ugly: Unless you can somehow find a way to make the stump look aesthetically pleasing, it’s going to stick out like a sore thumb in your yard. Removing the stump will get rid of that blemish, so you’re left with a beautiful and unobstructed lawn.
- Stumps attract pests: As stumps begin to decay, they often attract ants and termites. Needless to say, these are two pests that you don’t want making their home on your property! Removing the stump gets rid of that threat once and for all.
- Stumps make mowing more difficult: Cutting the grass is time-consuming enough without also having to maneuver around a massive stump in the ground. Why waste your time trying to mow around a stump when you could just have it removed?
Why should you grind a stump?
If you don’t want to hire a team to yank that sump out of the ground, you can also have it ground down. The points below are a few of the benefits of stump grinding:
- Easier procedure: Stump removal isn’t always an easy task, especially if it was a big, old tree with long roots. The bigger the stump, the harder it is to rip out of the ground. Alternatively, grinding the stump down into tiny wood chips can be done fairly efficiently if you have the right tools.
- Non-invasive: It should go without saying that stump removal leaves a massive hole in the ground. That’s not the case with grinding—all that you’re left with after professionals are done grinding the stump is a pile of wood chips where the stump once was.
- Recyclable process: As mentioned above, the only thing that’s left of your stump is a big pile of wood chips. While those may seem like a hassle to deal with, they can actually be used for mulch in your garden. The best part? The mulch is practically free!
Whether you want to remove a stump or simply grind it down, be sure to hire Estes Excavating Inc. to tackle the job! We’re the best in the area when it comes to both stump removal and land clearing services in Jeffersonville, IN. Give us a call today to learn more or get a service estimate.
This post was written by Writer