How to Pick the Best Excavation ContractorFebruary 26, 2020 12:16 am Leave your thoughts
As you’re preparing to build a new home, one of the first steps to the process is excavation. It’s important to bring in professionals who are capable of getting this job done efficiently and safely.
Chances are you’ve never worked with an excavation contractor in Jeffersonville, IN before, so how do you know which company is going to be the right fit for your job? In general, the considerations you’ll need to take into account are the same as those you’d factor into any contractor decision. Here are just a few tips for you to keep in mind:
- Know what you’re after: Before you start looking for contractors, you should know exactly what it is you need. Your job might require more than just digging out space for a foundation to be poured; it might also involve grading the property, removing trees or vegetation, hauling away dirt or adding substances like clay or lime to the soil to make it firm. If you understand the soil conditions at your property and know what needs to be done to get the job done right, you’ll be better prepared to start talking to excavators.
- Do some background checks: As you would with any other type of contractor, you should do some research into the excavator’s background. Make sure any potential excavator you’ll work with is licensed and insured, and check the coverage limits for their insurance. You’ll want to make sure those limits aren’t too low for your personal comfort. You should also check with your local small business administration, the Better Business Bureau and online review sites to get a sense of what people have to say about the company’s work. Do they seem generally reliable and of high quality? Use your best judgment when reading these reviews, both positive and negative, so you can determine how much you should rely on them.
- Make sure they handle your kind of work: Different excavators might specialize in different types of excavation. There are some companies that specialize in digging for pools or septic tanks, but might not dig out foundations for new construction. Make sure the company is capable of providing the services you need before you ask for a quote.
- Get quotes: Feel free to get quotes from multiple different companies and compare the results. You shouldn’t necessarily only go for the company that will give you the lowest quote, but this is at least something you should take into consideration when making the decision as to which company you’ll work with.
- See what’s included in the contract: Pore over any contract before signing it and check to see if the contract includes restoration and cleanup. Chances are the excavation process will tear up your property, so it’s a good idea to check and see if they’ll put down sod or take other steps to restore your lawn when the work is done.
For more information about how you can choose the right excavating contractors in Jeffersonville, IN, contact Estes Excavating Inc. today.
Categorised in: Excavating Contractors
This post was written by Writer